Instal 8.1.4 on XP Home

From: "Tony Davis" <ad(at)addacumen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: Instal 8.1.4 on XP Home
Date: 2006-09-21 12:41:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greetings

I am attempting to instal 8.1.4 on a machine which previously held an earlier
version.

During installation I select

Domain/postgres (it tells me the user does not exist) accept that user and
accept the offered passwords
Leave the superuser as is and give passwords
Select python and l-tree

It then tells me that it cannot create postgres because the user already
exists.

By experiment I determine that it is not referring to the superuser.

If I change to Domain/somethingelse and leave everything else the same

It tells me that there is internal account lookup failure: No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done.

Please how should I deal with this problem?

Tony Davis

addACUMEN

01980670401
07984608149