Installing 8.1.4 on XP Home

From: "Tony Davis" <ad(at)addacumen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing 8.1.4 on XP Home
Date: 2006-09-18 14:42:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am installing 8.1.4 to replace 8.0.3

First problem was to do with users. I then killed off users in Computer
Management which now shows no users at all.

As I install I select python and l-tree.

I am asked if I want to install Domain/postgres since it does not exist, say
YES and accept the offered password.

Instal proceeds normally until it tells me that it cannot instal postgres
since the user already exists.

I have tried changing the superuser name with the same outcome.

Please can you tell me where to find this ghost?

Thank you

Tony Davis