Re: unlimited undo/journaling

From: Carl Meyer <mrbz(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unlimited undo/journaling
Date: 2002-06-26 20:52:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:59:47 +0000 (UTC), dev(at)archonet(dot)com (Richard
Huxton) wrote:

>Perhaps the simplest system is to have two tables: address and arc_address.=
>Use "before" triggers on address to copy the old data into arc_address and=
>stamp it with a version number/timestamp.
>
>I've done something similar to this using a sequence to generate unique=20
>version numbers for me.

this looks mostly like what i need. however, i really don't like the
idea to store the whole data over and over again. i'd rather want a
"reverse diff": store the data in it's current form and be able to
roll back from there. i fear this can't be done easily.

the temporal sql looks brilliant. this is exactly what i need :-) is
there any other (maybe non free) database which supports this ?

greetings
carl