Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?
Date: 2011-01-31 23:41:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

Please reply to the list with list business.

On 01/31/2011 03:22 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On 1/31/2011 7:28 AM, Lew wrote:
>> That seems a little harsh.
> Oh? How so?
>> You post to a discussion group but want to
>> suppress discussion?
>
> No, I just want to stick to the subject. My motivation for doing so, my
> unhappy childhood or somebody's need for attention are not too important. If
> you have had any experience with the product, I'd be extremely keen to learn
> about it and grateful to you for sharing it. If not, then....well, I'll
> explain my reasoning some other time. I have better things to do right now.
>
>> Maybe that works with paid tech-support staff, but here ...
>>
> Things have lived up to my expectation. Basically, the only people who replied
> are those who have no experience with the product but apparently do have an
> irresistible urge to discuss something that I am not particularly interested
> in discussing.

I'm so very, very sorry that we insist on having a discussion instead of
adhering to your ukase.

Perhaps your dictatorial attitude discourages people from responding? I mean,
Mark Felder asked a perfectly reasonable question and now you're all snarky.
Well, a big "Harrumph!" to that!

I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it with that attitude.

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une fenêtre.