IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

From: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Date: 2001-02-02 20:05:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

I'm frantically trying to get PostgreSQL 7.0.3 installed on my laptop so
I can work on my database while on holiday next week. I've got it to
compile fine with the latest version of Cygwin, with cygipc-1.08,
however, when I start postmaster, it fails:

$ ipc-daemon &
$ postmaster -i &
[2] 528923
$ G:\CYGW\USR\LOCAL\PGSQL\BIN\POSTGRES.EXE: *** recreate_mmaps_after_for
k_failed
Startup failed - abort
NOTICE: IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x82f6a000): Invalid argument
NOTICE: IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x86ba1000): Invalid argument
NOTICE: IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x82c50000): Invalid argument

I have applied the patch indicated in a previous thread for cygipc, but
the error still persists. I note from the mailing list that someone has
had PostgreSQL working under Win98 before - I would be extremely
grateful if someone could help me get this working.

I can't seem to get gdb to work properly under Cygwin (would not find
the source files), so I was unable to step through the code and see what
the problem is.
--
Jamie Walker "My dear boy, forget about the motivation.
jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk Just say the lines and don't trip over the