Re: Convert odb to Postgres

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Convert odb to Postgres
Date: 2010-04-26 10:38:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Luís de Sousa, 26.04.2010 12:09:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have an OpenOffice dabatase that I'd like to convert to Postgres.
> More specifically I need to replicate tables, not null constraints,
> primary keys, foreign keys, autonumbers and data. There's a tool that
> does this with Microsoft databses:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Microsoft_Access_to_PostgreSQL_Conversion
>
> Is there a counterpart of this tool for OpenOffice? Or any other tool
> that may for instance convert OpenOffice databases into SQL
> statements?

odb is essentially a HSQL[1] database.

You can unzip the odb file, and then access the contents of the database with any JDBC (Java) enabled SQL Tool.

The actual HSQL database consists of two files: one with the extension .properties and the other with the extension .script

The Postgres Wiki contains several JDBC SQL Tools:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

Regards
Thomas

[1] http://www.hsqldb.org/