Re: Driver not returning the type for TYPEs

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver not returning the type for TYPEs
Date: 2010-03-07 22:46:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thomas Kellerer wrote on 07.03.2010 22:45:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed a minor glitchin the driver (8.4)
>
> When creating types using e.g.:
>
> CREATE TYPE my_tabpe AS (some_data varchar(100));
>
> DatabaseMetaData.getTables() will return that type, but the value for
> the column TABLE_TYPE is null.
>
> I think if the driver returns non-table objects (which is fine, a lot of
> drivers are doing that), the TABLE_TYPE column of the result set should
> contain a proper value.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I had a quick look at the source code, and it seems quite simple to fix.

I have attached a patch agains CVS head which (as far as I can tell) fixes this.
It also supports getTables() passing "TYPE" in the String array to select which types to show.

I hope the patch is OK, I have not used the diff tool before ;)

But the changes are really very minimal, I hope I found all places....

Regards
Thomas

Attachment Content-Type Size
AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.diff text/plain 1.2 KB