Re: BUG #5147: DBA can not access view

From: "hx(dot)li" <fly2nn(at)126(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5147: DBA can not access view
Date: 2009-11-02 02:21:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Q1: Who can explain the privilage of the superuser ?

In postgresql's documentPart VI. Reference,SQL Commands,GRANT, it said:

It should be noted that database superusers can access all objects
regardless of object privilege settings.

Q2: Why PostgreSQL check whether the view1'sowner had peivilage for tb2 when
run "select * from view1;" ? (Dongni's test case)

In Dongni's test case, current user is superuser when run "select * from
view1;" .
Reading the pg_class_aclmask() in aclchk.c, I found PG claim the current
object's owner(current object is view1) should have the select privilage for
table tb2. I dno't usderstant why do it so?

regards, hx.li

"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> :7536(dot)1256911178(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us(dot)(dot)(dot)