Re: The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy during install.

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy during install.
Date: 2009-09-26 07:34:36
Lists: pgsql-general

David Chell wrote on 26.09.2009 06:31:

> This is a clean install, I’ve never installed postgresql on the is
> machine before, I have successfully installed it on another machine
> which is a Windows Server 2008 x64, but whenever I try to install it in
> the Windows XP (32) laptop I get the following error after entering the
> superuser/service password:
>

> /The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy. Check
> the minimum length, password complexity and password history requirements./

This is a Windows error message, it does not come from the installer.

Are you sure the password rules you posted apply to your domain and not to your server?

You can try to add the user before starting the Postgres installer and verify if adding the user through the usual Windows tools works.

Thomas