Schema, databse, or tables in different system folder

From: "Carlos Oliva" <carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Schema, databse, or tables in different system folder
Date: 2009-06-02 13:44:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to create a database or a table of a database in its own
folder? We are looking for ways to backup the sytem files of the database
to tape and one to exclude some tables from this backup. We can selectively
backup folders of the file system so we figure that if we can create a
schema or database or table in its own folder, we can backup our database
and exclude the tables selectively. We are using Linux RedHat. Thank you.