Re: JOIN results of refcursor functions

From: Milan Oparnica <milan(dot)opa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JOIN results of refcursor functions
Date: 2008-11-30 23:13:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Milan Oparnica escribió:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> No. Make them return setof whatever instead.
>>>
>> I would like yo avoid creating custom composite types required for setof.
>
> Then use OUT variables.

I've searched documentation (8.3) and didn't find a way to use OUT
variables in same manner as SETOF (RETURN NEXT doesn't create a record
type result).

Can you please give an example of how to return select fld1, fld2 from
table through OUT variables so the caller gets records ? If possible,
use refcursor as a source ?