Re: Revoke for a new role

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Revoke for a new role
Date: 2008-06-13 14:05:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Rafael Domiciano написа:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new in this mailing list.
>
> I need to create a role (Postgres user) that cannot drop or create table,
> but can create TEMP tables. This role must do I, U and D normally.
>
> I have read some docs over the web and discovered that option to revoke
> "create table" doesn't exist.
>
> Can someone give me a light?!

For a role to be able to create tables (and other objects) it should
have "CREATE" privilege on the _schema_ in question. As for creating
temporary tables - "TEMP" ("TEMPORARY") privilege on the _database_ in
question.

Please check
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-grant.html for details.

--