Re: Installing on Windows without using msi Installer

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing on Windows without using msi Installer
Date: 2008-03-22 07:53:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeff Williams wrote on 22.03.2008 05:20:
> I would like to install PostgreSQL manually as part of my applications
> install using InnoSetup.
>
> Is there anywhere the steps required to do this and if so where would I find
> them?
>
> Many thanks
> Jeff

I think you should be able to use the -no-binaries ZIP archive, extract it and
do the initdb manually.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/creating-cluster.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-initdb.html

After that you will need to either start PG manually using pg_ctl or install the
service by use "pg_ctl register".

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/server-start.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-pg-ctl.html

Thomas