A FAQ that needs updating?

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A FAQ that needs updating?
Date: 2008-01-22 22:56:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I'm hoping this is just an old link; but search engines
still seem to like it.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/faq
======================
Q: When will 8.3 come out?
A: version 8.3 is planned to be a short development cycle, coming out
around July 2007. It's possible that it will be delayed, of course.

Q: Why a short development cycle?
A: For two reasons: (1) we had some major features that didn't make
the 8.2 release for technical reasons, and (2) we're trying to
move away from doing the bulk of our intgration and testing in
midsummer, when many developers are unavailable.

Q: What features will 8.3 have?
A: As always, we can't be certain what will go in and what won't;
the project has strict quality standards that not all patches can
make before deadline. However, there were several features which
just needed a little more work to make 8.2, and those are expected
to be merged in the first month of 8.3 development. These include
on-disk compressed bitmap indexes, SQL:XML syntax support, a PL/pgSQL
debugger, and SQL-standard updatable views.
======================

Also, This item:
Q: Are there any published benchmarks for PostgreSQL?
A: Not currently. Several members of the PostgreSQL development
team are working with Open Source Development Labs and Sun
Microsystems on both open source and industry benchmarks.
Nothing has yet reached the stage of publication, though.
seems to contradict
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/postgresql-publishes-first-real-benchmark-17470