Re: Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC

From: "Pit M(dot)" <fmi-soft(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC
Date: 2007-10-30 12:12:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi David!

Thanks for the fast reply. So you mean that I might already have created
a connection but am still trying to create the same one again?
>>Check whether the existing one works :)
So how can I test it?

What is the correct way of accessing this data source in a select statement?

Concerning the documents, I wouldn't say that they are unclear about
make_accessor_functions(). The problem is, that in the dbi-link
documents (quote: "Do the following, with the appropriate parameters.
"Appropriate parameters" come from the perldoc of the appropriate
DBD...") and in the dbi-odbc documents I can't find any information
about the correct use of the parameters for the ODBC-connection. That's
why I tried to create the connection so many times.

Regards,

Pit