Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC

From: "Pit M(dot)" <fmi-soft(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC
Date: 2007-10-29 14:44:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I have the following problem with PostgreSQL and hope you guys can help
me out in this matter: I try to get a remote connection to any database
(e.g. MS-SQL or MS Access) using DBI-Link and DBD:ODBC. My problem is,
that everything seems fine so far, however I don't know how to use the
parameters for "make_accessor_functions()". I searched the net for it,
but can only find samples for Perl-Scripting, but I need a sample for
using it directly in SQL.

This is what I've come up so far. Hope you can point me to the right
direction.

SELECT make_accessor_functions(
'dbi:ODBC:Northwind::dbi_link.data_source,
'sa'::text,
NULL::text,
'---
AutoCommit: 1
RaiseError: 1
'::dbi_link.yaml,
NULL::dbi_link.yaml,
NULL::text,
NULL, ::text,
'Northwind'::text
);

I have a ODBC connection named "Northwind".

The error message I'm always receiving (for the MS-SQL sample) is:

ERROR: error from Perl function: error from Perl function: duplicate key
violates unique constraint "dbi_connection_data_source_key" at line 94.
at line 35.
SQL state: XX000

I'm using following components under Windows XP
postgresql-8.2.5-1
pgadmin3-1.8.0
DBI-1.59
dbi-link-2.0.0