Finding the bin path

From: Rob Jaeger <yogirob(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Finding the bin path
Date: 2009-12-25 17:02:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a command or reliable method of finding the location of the
PostgreSQL bin path?

I'm currently using "SHOW hba_file;" which gives me the data path. For
default installs I can find the bin relative to this, but it fails under
custom installs.

My apologies if this has been addressed before, but I could not find it in a
search.

- Rob