Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
Date: 2018-09-14 06:43:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 03:55:20PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > Attached is the new, improved version of the patch.
>
> Thanks, finally pushed. I have made sure that recovery TAP tests,
> upgrade tests and bin/ tests are working properly.

Thanks for being interested and doing the work.

If it turns out not to break anything, would you consider backpatching?
On the one hand it fixes a bug, on the other hand it affects all
frontend executables...

I wonder why nobody noticed the problem in pg_test_fsync earlier.
Is it that people running Windows care less if their storage is reliable?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe