Re: TS: Limited cover density ranking

From: karavelov(at)mail(dot)bg
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TS: Limited cover density ranking
Date: 2012-01-27 16:48:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

----- Цитат от Sushant Sinha (sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com), на 27.01.2012 в 18:32 -----

> The rank counts 1/coversize. So bigger covers will not have much impact
> anyway. What is the need of the patch?
>
> -Sushant.

If you want to find only combinations of words that are close one to another, with the patch you could use something as:

WITH a AS (SELECT to_tsvector('a b c d e g h i j k') AS vec, to_tsquery('a&d') AS query)
SELECT * FROM a WHERE vec @@ query AND ts_rank_cd(3,vec,query)>0;

I could not find another way to make this type of queries. If there is an alternative, I am open to suggestions

Best regards
--
Luben Karavelov