Queries very slow and memory consumption too high

From: Saurabh Dave <saurabhdave(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high
Date: 2009-06-22 05:02:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am using Postgres 8.2.10 + Hibernate + c3p0 connection pooling.
For our application we support MySQL + Oracle + MSSQL + Postgres.

With all the other databases our application is working quite fine, but with
Postgres after a day queries are becoming extremely slow and it seems to be
taking up all the available memory.

Please let me know what could be the issue. I am new to Postgres, so any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saurabh