out or memory error

From: "Moginraj Mohandas" <moginmo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: out or memory error
Date: 2006-04-08 07:55:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi
Does anybody have any idea on "out of memory" error while inserting
into a table in psql. I was trying to test the working of my C code which
adds a new data type called expression to Postgres. When I try to insert
into the table which has two columns (one integer and the other expression),
it gives me this error.
Here's the error:

testdb=# insert into testt values(2, 't1=5ANDt2=6');
ERROR: out of memory
DETAIL: Failed on request of size 1073735751

If anyone has an idea, please reply
Thanks a million
Mogin