Re: pgbouncer packaging issue

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Brandon Snider <brandonjsnider(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbouncer packaging issue
Date: 2018-01-10 14:56:59
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On 1/9/18 16:11, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Am 9. Januar 2018 19:59:04 MEZ schrieb Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>:
>> On 1/9/18 13:47, Brandon Snider wrote:
>>> You're installing /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/pgbouncer.conf to create the
>>> /var/run/pgbouncer dir, but the permissions on that dir are too
>>> restrictive -- 700 -- for any file to be read by any user except
>>> pgbouncer and root. In my situation, for whatever reason my PHP
>>> implementation can't read unix sockets in /tmp,
>>
>> That might need further explanation.
>
> That's likely systemd at work. By default, each process gets its own /tmp bind-mounted.

Right. After further off-list discussion, the actual bug here is that
pgbouncer should puts its socket into /var/run/postgresql, which is the
standard location on that platform. But that doesn't work because
pgbouncer runs under a separate user and doesn't have permission there.
This has been previously reported on this list.