Re: Composite type: Primary Key and validation

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Lorusso Domenico <domenico(dot)l76(at)gmail(dot)com>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Composite type: Primary Key and validation
Date: 2023-06-05 15:17:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/5/23 08:06, Lorusso Domenico wrote:
> Thank's, you are right, I've the same doubts.
> A composite type is useful because I've to add all these information on
> many tables and because it more easy to pass all these informations to
> functions that have to ensure the right format and evaluation.

I do that with a Sqitch(https://sqitch.org/) template, the relevant part
being:

CREATE TABLE [% IF schema %][% schema %][% ELSE %]schema_name[% END
%].[% IF table %][% table %][% ELSE %]table_name[% END %](
line_id integer GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY,

ts_insert timestamptz NOT NULL DEFAULT now(),
ts_update timestamptz,
user_insert varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT "session_user"(),
user_update varchar(20)
);

I then add the table specific fields after Sqitch creates the deploy
script from the template.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com