Re: pgAdmin licence

From: "Knut P(dot) Lehre" <knutpl(at)broadpark(dot)no>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin licence
Date: 2007-10-15 09:46:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:>If it is all your own code then of course, you can do as you wish. But>as I pointed out, the base classes you said you were using were>originally based on other classes written by myself and others.I believed the intention of the Artistic License was not to prevent usage of parts of the code in closed source projects,but to prevent publication of code which looks like the original code and could cause confusion as to whatis the original work.Isn't this stated even more clearly in the 2.0 verision of the License?From http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_license_2_0:(8) You are permitted to link Modified and Standard Versions with otherworks, to embed the Package in a larger work of your own, or to buildstand-alone binary or bytecode versions of applications that includethe Package, and Distribute the result without restriction, providedthe result does not expose a direct interface to the Package.Regards,Knut