pg_trgm Extension Installed but Operators and Functions do not exist

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_trgm Extension Installed but Operators and Functions do not exist
Date: 2018-01-28 19:56:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to run a query which was working a few weeks ago, and it
utilizes the <<-> operator but I am getting an error: operator does not
exist text <<-> text.

If I try instead the function word_similarity() I get a similar (no pun
intended) error: function word_similarity(text, text) does not exist.

If I try to install the pg_trgm extension with `CREATE EXTENSION
pg_trgm;` I get an error: extension "pg_trgm" already exists.

Running PostgreSQL 10.1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1800, 64-bit

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>