Re: SQL function which allows to distinguish a server being in point in time recovery mode and an ordinary replica

From: m(dot)litsarev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL function which allows to distinguish a server being in point in time recovery mode and an ordinary replica
Date: 2024-05-06 15:55:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> simple there are already too many of them. Perhaps we should begin
> tracking all that as a set of bitmasks, then plug in the tracked state
> in shmem for consumption in some SQL function.

Hi!

Michael, Tristan
as a first step I have introduced the `SharedRecoveryDataFlags` bitmask
instead of three boolean SharedHotStandbyActive,
SharedPromoteIsTriggered and SharedStandbyModeRequested flags (the last
one from my previous patch) and made minimal updates in corresponding
code based on that change.

Respectfully,

Mikhail Litsarev
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Standby-mode-requested-bitmask.patch text/x-diff 10.4 KB