PostgreSQL/PGAdmin service hangs when listen_addresses = '*'

From: Vitaly Belman <vitalyb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL/PGAdmin service hangs when listen_addresses = '*'
Date: 2004-12-13 18:14:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

After changing the listen_address to '*' I told PGAdmin to stop the
service, then to start it.
Then when I tried to connect to the database PGAdmin just hanged. The
service wouldn't stop afterward and I had to restart. I tried several
times with the same result.

Changing the listen_addresses to 'localhost' and even to 'localhost,*'
and following the same procedure with PGAdmin works fine.

Anyone can confirm this? Why is it happening?

PostgreSQL 8.0.0rc1
PGAdmin 1.2.0 Post-RC2 (Nov 20 2004)

--
ICQ: 1912453