Re: Database alias

From: Gabriele Bartolini <Gabriele(dot)Bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database alias
Date: 2011-08-24 08:54:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:30:34 +0000, Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
wrote:
> We've got some systems which use a historic database name and would
> like
> to transition them to our current naming scheme. Is there support
> for
> some form of database aliases?

If you are trying to make the database seen by clients under a
different name, probably the most practical solution would be to add a
PgBouncer layer in front of the clients which maps the old database name
to the new one.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

Ciao,
Gabriele