Re: Logical Replication WIP

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical Replication WIP
Date: 2016-12-20 09:41:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016-12-20 09:43, Petr Jelinek wrote:

> Thanks, this was very useful. We had wrong attribute index arithmetics
> in the place where we verify that replica identities match well enough.

Well, I spent a lot of time on the whole thing so I am glad it's not
just
something stupid I did :)

> BTW that script you have for testing has 2 minor flaws in terms of
> pgbench_history - the order by is not unique enough (adding mtime or
> something helps)

yes, in another version I did
ALTER TABLE pgbench_history ADD COLUMN hid SERIAL PRIMARY KEY.
I suppose that's the best way (adding mtime doesn't work; apparently
mtime
gets repeated too). (I have now added that alter table-statement
again.)

> and second, the pgbench actually truncates the
> pgbench_history unless -n is added to command line.

ok, -n added.

> So attached is v15, which fixes this and the
> ERROR: unexpected command tag "PUBLICATION
> as reported by Steve Singer (plus tab completion fixes and doc fixes).

Great. It seems to fix the problem: I just an an unprecidented
5-minute run with correct replication.

The first compile gave the attached diffs in the publication regression
test; subsequent
compiles went OK (2x). If I have time later today I'll try to reproduce
that one FAILED test
but maybe you can see immediately what's wrong there .

thanks,

Erik Rijkers

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs text/x-diff 1.3 KB