Re: Oracle to buy Sun

From: satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com
To: Melanie <melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle to buy Sun
Date: 2009-04-20 13:54:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I think Oracle is still having strong marketing power and ability,
so I can't imagine the future of MySQL and Oracle,
but the most important thing is no one can stop
the technology commoditization and the industry movement
to the opensource. No one can stop.

I don't know the survivor of the opensource RDBMS will be PostgreSQL or not,
but I always hope so. :-)

Anyway, MySQL could not escape from Oracle's acquisition at last.
Very ironic.