Re: Prepared Xacts and Vacuum question

From: "Satoshi Nagayasu" <snaga(at)snaga(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prepared Xacts and Vacuum question
Date: 2006-02-19 23:49:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/20/06, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> A prepared xact is the same as an open xact as far as vacuum is
> concerned. It's a bad idea to sit on either open or prepared xacts
> for long periods ...

I completely understand that, however it can be occured...
Prepared xacts never die...

> > I think the prepared xacts on any database mustn't affect to another database.
>
> Wrong, consider updates to shared catalogs.

But my prepared xact did not affect to the system catalogs....

I think some messages should be shown to the DBA by the backend,
because DBA will get in trouble without any information about it.

And also it should be noted on the manual.

Thanks.
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga(at)snaga(dot)org>