Re: initdb - creating clusters

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb - creating clusters
Date: 2020-08-31 10:09:57
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 30.08.20 17:21, Tom Lane wrote:
> Do you have a feeling one way or the other about whether to repeat
> some of this text in each of the relevant sub-sections? I initially
> didn't want to do that, but thinking about how people consume the
> HTML docs, I'm afraid that anything not appearing on the same page
> won't get seen.

If we do so but avoid redundant text parts, we can use the entity
mechanism or the more modern XInclude mechanism. The attached patch uses
both techniques in an example file: brin.sgml includes lorem.sgml two times.

(In both cases we should avoid files with multiple root elements, eg.
multiple <para> or <sect1> without a parent element, because this would
violate the well-formed-ness of the included XML document.)

--

J. Purtz

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-lorem.patch text/x-patch 2.9 KB