temp tables ORACLE/PGSQL

From: fisher(at)wckp(dot)lodz(dot)pl (fisher)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: temp tables ORACLE/PGSQL
Date: 2005-04-29 06:30:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
Thank You very much.
As I mentioned I need temp tables for storing "sesssion variables".
I plan to write functions to return suitable column value and I need
them to be availabele during whole session. That makes deleteing on
commit not the best solution. For example I want to keep emp_id in one
of columns and
use ps_get_emp_id() function to return it's value in other functions.
All values stored in thie "parameter" temp table are quite stable.

Anyway thank You very much.
fisher