Re: Fix inconsistencies for v12 (pass 2)

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix inconsistencies for v12 (pass 2)
Date: 2019-06-14 04:16:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,
13.06.2019 11:10, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The last trace of tss_htup has been removed as of 2e3da03, and I see
> no mention of it in the related thread. Andres, is that intentional
> for table AMs to keep a trace of a currently-fetched tuple for a TID
> scan or something that can be removed? The field is still
> documented, so the patch is incomplete if we finish by removing the
> field. And my take is that we should keep it.
Andres, I've found another unused structure field "was_xmin" in the
was_running structure, having the following comment:
* Outdated: This struct isn't used for its original purpose anymore, but
* can't be removed / changed in a minor version, because it's stored
* on-disk.
This comment lives here since 955a684e, May 13 2017. Shouldn't the
outdated structure be removed in v12?

Best regards,
Alexander