Help with inventory control

From: Fernando Grijalba <fgrijalba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help with inventory control
Date: 2005-09-30 14:21:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I need the following to work with PostgreSQL. I was thinking of reading
uncommitted transactions, but just found out they do not work on PG. I need
to have user 1 take an item form inventory for an order and before user 1
finishes the transaction user 2 will query the inventory. I need user 2 to
see the quantity on-hand reduced by the amount user 1 took.

Because read uncommitted is not supported is there a way to do this?

Thank you for all your cooperation.

Fernando