Advocacy Links, people using PostgreSQL, Trends.

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Advocacy Links, people using PostgreSQL, Trends.
Date: 2009-07-13 17:19:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Some thoughts.

We were during the last days collecting links related with the 8.4
release. And that seems to be, plus events, the very best effort when
it comes to -advocacy.

How can we relate this, with the efforts being done?

http://www.google.com/trends?q=PostgreSQL&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

/* Don't waste time saying: "This has nothing to do with PostgreSQL
because...". There are several ways to understand this graph, but all
say: "things are slowing" */

We need to find a better way to encourage people to come and get our
stuff, instead of arguing bout an installer or the logo size on a
page. Were are the stats of the project? The real ones, downloads,
installations, users, etc, anyone digging there? If we don't have some
of them, which are the ones that we do have? I am against working in
this direction but I need stuff in order to understand were we are
standing ATM. Get serious!

To be clear, at this moment, I am not helping with the
-admin,-general, nor other support lists. I am just sitting here
trying to share some bits with moderation and some advocacy support on
my spare time. That's me, no company nor commercial interest, no
further magic. Just love for the project.

Dunno, just 2 cents on the storm.

gb.-