Re: postgres.exe 100% CPU but no I/O

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Schnabel <schnabelr(at)missouri(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres.exe 100% CPU but no I/O
Date: 2009-01-25 07:05:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

Robert,

As a first attempt, set log_min_duration_statement to 0 in your
configuration file and restart the service, do not forget to tail your
log file in order to understand what is going on. There are other
parameter that will help you identify potential problems, all of them
related with log_*. RTFM! :)

Another tip, Process Explorer, a tool for Windows that shows all
the stuff running in windows such as the Linux 'ps' program but with a
fancy UI. It's a freeware tool, so try it. It should present you the
PID of the offending process; this PID plus some SQL magic and the
pg_stat_* tables will let you know what's going on.

2 cents
gb.-