Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Emanuel Calvo Franco" <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request
Date: 2008-12-10 17:56:39
Lists: pgsql-es-fomento pgsql-www

<flame wars mode=on>
I think that "a waste of time" is not a proper way for describing this
situation.

We are learning, committing our time and effort, surfing problems and
overall helping things get done. If this is a comlete waste of time
please let me know and I will gladly let others waste their time.

The "macho geek" attitude stress me out. Tons time easier a reply
like: "what if we deploy an instance on our own and if it goes well we
promote the change to the postgresql.org domain?"
</flame>

I do have a box hosted in US datacenter, not a big deal and running
some lamp stack, but available for a prototyping phase. Anybody
willing to take this stake please drop me a private mail and I will
fwd credentials.

gb.-

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera