Re: question for serial types with CHECK conditions

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Glaesemann" <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: question for serial types with CHECK conditions
Date: 2007-04-28 16:34:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for your reply Michael.

My point was to step on the asumption that the implicit "serial"
call for a type represents the fact that the sequence will start
allways in the same place, unless inmediatelly after your "create
table" you plan to modify that, which makes no sense when we go back
to what the CREATE SEQUENCE represents for the case.

For what I saw, straight foward what I did is wrong, but the server
allowed me to proceed. So yes, my fault, but with a bit of help,
right?

After all I am just being boggus on a silly point. The range of
potential DBA's which may come to this situation is pretty small for
further discussions :)

Best wishes,
g.-

--