Re: Article mention of PostgreSQL

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Article mention of PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-02-28 22:46:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

This is not compatible with the idea of buying mysql, or am I getting lost
in the dark?!?!
Though they wanted to buy mysql.

By the way, they did say, several times, that they are looking after
developers / students in their first age. I can imagine a wave of new users
in their arena.

------ (what should be a new thread comes ahead)

Guess the time to strength postgresql in several aspects has come, and I
would really like to see this happen.

Thinking about:

* Make a comparison of what oracle is offering by free and to find out
their vulnerabilities in that aspect. Benchmarking, triggering facts to
empower PostgreSQL as defineteley a better solution due to its scalability?
Fortress and vulnerabilities, needed asap. What about supporting a company
in a run like this? I can think about designing a test for a company, asking
them for results, and publish them.

* To make a strike, slash our site and start hitting others with their
problems?
Has anyone noticed that bugs.mysql.com is not anymore opening / closing
innodb bugs since mid jan? Our support remains better than allways. The best
defense is the attack?.

I guess I got almost passionate with all of this, but as I haven't seen more
than comments on the recent events in the market, I would like to understand
/ encourage *our* next actions.

Don't take this as a need, but just as a thought and trigger for a healthy
discussion.

Regards,
Guido

--