Re: What if?

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What if?
Date: 2006-02-28 22:12:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Actually I have U$S 300 to donate, but I can't remember why someone told me
to stop that payment, and wait for something (that also I can't remember).

How do I trigger a payment via the SPI ?

Not too much money, but for the time, there was a need for the www search
box, afaik, now ready as I'd read on other lists.

So, the money is there. Just ask for it or describe the SPI thing (too tired
at the moment to google about)

Regards,
Guido

On 2/28/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> > What if I knew someone that would be willing to pull their checkbook
> > out once a quarter and make a contribution to PostgreSQL in the form
> > of $$ (not code or a programmer).
> >
> > Real simple. No PayPal, no t-shirts. Just $$, which could be used
> > for developer bonus/interns/tools ... or whatever.
> >
> > Is there a way to do that or is this not possible (IRS, no checking
> > account, <insert reason>)?
> >
> > Yes/no/maybe?
> Yes... you can via the SPI (software in the public interest) account.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .