Re: Infrastructure monitoring

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Infrastructure monitoring
Date: 2006-01-14 02:51:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Actually it seems to be as easy as requesting a GET to search.postgresql.org
If a script is able to handle the http codes, then alerts could be triggered
upon events.

The search failure was due to a 503 error being dispatched from the server.

GET http://search.postgresql.org

Am I wrong?

Tho, thinking about content, there is an opensource doing a job such as
siteconf (http://www.siteconfidence.com) but I can't remember the name atm.

But I understand that the search problem was not a *content* problem itself.

G.-

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .