Re: Unable to restore compressed file.

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tan Chen Yee <tancy(at)gussmanntech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to restore compressed file.
Date: 2005-12-08 09:23:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I wasn't sure, but checking the documentation I've found that both
pg_dump and pg_restore don't allow the "-u" switch, but yes "-U <username"
case.

Check (for pgsql 8):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pgdump.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

Best regards,
Guido

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automaticoptimization
algorithm is generally a good way to achieve lessperformance, not more" -