Re: COPY and partitioning

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Colton A Smith <smith(at)cs(dot)utk(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY and partitioning
Date: 2005-11-19 00:29:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thinking about dumping the schema, rewriting that structure with your
partitioning needs, and after copy the data.
Why not?
Just 2 cents, never done it.
to dump a schema:
pg_dump -s dbname > dbname.schema
Then just restore the data, it should work I guess.
Best regards,
Guido

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automatic
optimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve less