Enable monitoring on the health of postgres db

From: "tam wei" <twxtam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Enable monitoring on the health of postgres db
Date: 2006-11-13 15:37:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear all,

I have posted this at the mailing list pgsql-general, i think it would
be appropriate to post the following question under admin.

I am intending to use JMX to enable my application to be monitored by
the NMS. I am wondering is there any SNMP agent already build-up for
postgres DB and can be plugged into the JMX environment ?

I have found that a project for implementing a postgres db SNMP agent
(http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgsnmpd/) ; however the version is
still in beta and it is not a java-based agent which is written in C
language.

Thanks
Neo