pg_squeeze is out: Fighting table bloat

From: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_squeeze is out: Fighting table bloat
Date: 2016-10-31 10:59:46
Lists: pgsql-announce

pg_squeeze 1.0 beta1 released

Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH (www.postgresql-support.de)
is proud to announce the release of pg_squeeze 1.0, a tool to
automatically fight table bloat.
pg_squeeze is Open Source and can be used freely.

Motivation

As PostgreSQL professionals we have seen one thing, which has
constantly bugged people over the years: Table bloat. Under some
circumstances tables can have a tendency to grow over time, which
leads to bad performance and high storage consumption.

pg_squeeze comes to the rescue

pg_squeeze has been designed to explicitly fight the problem
of table bloat. It can be loaded as an extension and runs in the
background cleaning up tables for you.

Get a free copy of pg_squeeze

Checkout pg_squeeze and get a copy:
http://www.cybertec.at/en/products/pg_squeeze-postgresql-extension-to-auto-rebuild-bloated-tables/

Note we are currently in beta so we encourage everybody to submit bugs
or post new ideas.

many thanks,

hans-jürgen schönig

--