Re: PG 10 release notes

From: Adrien Nayrat <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 10 release notes
Date: 2017-09-12 13:27:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/12/2017 01:50 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I don't know, but I suggest you read this email thread from April to get
> an idea of how performance items are handled:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20170425013144(dot)GA7513%40momjian(dot)us#20170425013144(dot)GA7513(at)momjian(dot)us

Oh, sorry, I missed your explanation :

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170425033742.GG7513%40momjian.us
> I remember seeing those and those are normally details I do not put in
> the release notes as there isn't a clear user experience change except
> "Postgres is faster". Yeah, a bummer, and I can change my filter, but
> it would require discussion.

From an user experience, IMHO, it is a huge improvement. I thought it could be
mentioned in "General Performance section". But I do not know your habits.

If it was not mentioned in previous releases, I understand we do not mention in
v10's releases notes.

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT