Re: LWLock Queue Jumping

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LWLock Queue Jumping
Date: 2009-08-30 20:46:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:

> Jeff Janes wrote:

In those cases where you end by dropping the tables, we should be willing to
bypass WAL altogether, right? Is the problem we can bypass WAL (by doing
the COPY in the same transaction that created or truncated the table), or we
can COPY in parallel, but we can't do both simultaneously?

Jeff