How to run queries without double quotes on tables and columns

From: Susan M Farley <sfarley1(at)gmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to run queries without double quotes on tables and columns
Date: 2009-10-11 01:30:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry, I'm really new to PostgreSQL and am used to Oracle. In function and in regular queries, I usually have to have double quotes (") around the names of columns and table names. Otherwise, I get an error that the schema, table, or column doesn't exist. I don't always have to though. Sometimes the function works just fine without them even though I am working with the same table and schema. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Susan