Re: Customize the install directory of the postgres DB

From: weixiang tam <weixiang(dot)ets(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Customize the install directory of the postgres DB
Date: 2009-11-19 01:51:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion, i have tried out the option Thomas has mentioned
by unzipping the db, and it works in our scenario. Just a question regarding
the shared library. I have run the following command so that postgres can
locate the shared library

/sbin/ldconfig /home/app/pgsql/lib

Below is the result after i executed it, are the following message expected?
will it cause any issue on the postgres db?

*/sbin/ldconfig: /home/app/pgsql/lib/libpgtypes.so.3 is not a symbolic link
/sbin/ldconfig: /home/app/pgsql/lib/libuuid.so.16 is not a symbolic link
/sbin/ldconfig: /home/app/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5 is not a symbolic link
/sbin/ldconfig: /home/app/pgsql/lib/libecpg.so.6 is not a symbolic link
/sbin/ldconfig: /home/app/pgsql/lib/libecpg_compat.so.3 is not a symbolic
link
*
Thanks again.
Wei Xiang